When you have over-ripe bananas in the house and refuse to eat them, what do you do?
Make banana bread, duh.
It’s been so long since I was constantly making my boozey rum banana breads. This one is a sober loaf though. Chocolate chips and peanut butter swirled in. Gorgeous.
Everyone around me has been stressing out about final recitals but I’m just here chilling. What is wrong with me?! It’s okay. Banana bread makes everything okay.
This photo is horrendous but I just wanted to show you the texture and the chocolatey bits. I’ve probably mentioned this before but my flat doesn’t get much sunlight so in order for me to get shots with decent lighting… you don’t even want to know what I have to do.
A slice with a smudge of peanut butter. Yum.
I will admit, I’m not entirely happy with this banana bread just because I think there’s a bit too much flour in it so it’s a tad dry. Also I may have overbaked it by 5-10 mins. It tastes great but I’m just very critical and I’m not ashamed of sharing my mistakes. At least you now know what you should not do!
1/2 cup melted butter/vegetable oil
3/4 cup~1 cup sugar (3/4cup if you want it less sweet)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 super ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Line your loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Whisk oil and sugar until combined, add egg and beat well. Mix in the milk followed by the mashed bananas.
3. Add salt and baking soda, whisk. Add all the flour at once and fold in. Lumps are fine! Fold in the chocolate chips last.
4. Bake for 55-60 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. If it’s starting to brown too much turn down the heat to 160C and perhaps cover with foil.
5. Allow to cool in tin for 10 mins before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
If you’re feeling fancy you can top it off with chopped nuts like I did.
I was so pleased when it cracked so nicely in the centre. Sometimes you get really gross side eruptions and you look at it like, “why did you have to be so ugly.”
So much for waking up early and going for a run, I’m sat in bed typing this! But its a Bank Holiday so that’s my excuse 😉